We all love good home flour tortillas. You know, which melts in your mouth, and then warms your soul? We love them for Taco Street, Burritos, Quesadillas, sometimes we just devour it well because they are just as good as that. You can make tortillas in very easy steps with a new crepe maker machine. To have a look at crepe maker visit https://crepepro.com/.
Are you a Tortillas lover? A cool new food lover, or just looking for something different in your life – this tortilla will be your new favourite thing!
This is what you need:
– 2 and 1/2 cup flour
– 2 and 1/2 teaspoon of powder
– 1 tablespoon of halal salt
– 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of pork fat or vegetable shortening (usually we use butter instead – use your preferences)
– 1 cup of hot water
Chances are you already have all these ingredients in hand! Ahh, the beauty of a simple recipe.
After you get all your ingredients collected, this is what you will do:
1) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
2) Stir together.
3) Add a spoonful of butter, then use a pastry cutter to combine ingredients. Cut the mixture until it resembles rough crumbs. Slowly pour in hot water, stir to bring a mixture together. Apply dough lightly until it becomes a cohesive and less sticky dough ball.
4) cover with a tea towel and let the mixture rest for at least one hour.
5) Ping pong-sized balls, place it on the tray, cover them with a tea towel, and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
6) When you are ready to make tortillas, launch the ball into a very thin and round tortilla. Place it on a heated crepe and cook for around 20-30 seconds on each side, or until light chocolate. Enjoy!