Probably two of the most popular types of foods considered globally are organic and non-organic foods. However, there are differences between them, and choosing which one’s best can be a little confusing. However, you don’t need to be a scientist to distinguish between the 2. Here are a few differences that will help you to decide who the real winner is.
- Organic Food – Organic food is the one that uses natural fertilizers such as manure and compost with the help of a technique called organic farming. Moreover, this type of food uses very little chemicals while depending more on methods like mulching, crop rotation, hand weeding, and tilling. For getting rid of pests it relies heavily on birds, traps, and insects.
- Non-Organic Food – Non-organic food is the one that uses chemicals such as the likes of pesticides, herbicides etc, for its production.
Advantages of Organic food compared to non-organic food.
- As mentioned earlier, organic foods are produced by using natural fertilizers like manure and compost. This, in turn, helps the soil to maintain its fertility for a longer duration.
- With the help of organic farming techniques, you can expect conservation of energy, save of water, less creation of pollution, and use of chemicals in little quantity.
- Organic food is known to contain high amounts of vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients giving the food a richer flavor along with benefits to our body.
- The organic farming technique is great for animals too as they are allowed to grow naturally without using any chemicals and hormones in them.
Due to these reasons, organic food in Brisbane has become popular.